Following are the proof of financial sources:
- Funds shall be minimum 28 days old from the date of visa application and shall be available in savings or current account. Account shall be in the name of Student or a joint account shall exist for both financial sponsor and student. From 21st August 2009, funds can be shown in the name of the parents also.
- In case of fixed deposits, banks shall issue a letter confirming the availability of same and encashment can be done with in 28 days maximum. Bank letter shall be dated less than ONE CALENDAR MONTH from the date of visa application
- In case of education loan, sanction letter dated less than ONE CALENDAR MONTH shall be produced with a copy of terms and conditions or loan agreement if issued by bank and shall be signed by all the parties of the agreement. In case bank’s sanction is subject to the issue of visa, Border Agency assumes that the student is likely to get the funds by the time he/she travels to UK
Note: For any visa application made before 1st June 2009, one must show availability of funds on the day of application.
Funds to be shown:
If studying within London borough – First year tuition + 9,000 Pounds (Nine months max.)
Points for getting Visa:
Outside London borough – First year tuition + 7,200 Pounds ( Nine months max.)
For admission in A tier universities – 30 Points (registered in UK Border Agency Sponsor Register)
For Money evidence (maintenance requirement – 10 points
Total 40 points have to be obtained to get the student’s visa.
Students who complete their education (Undergraduate and beyond) can stay back as follows:
UG Degree – 4 months for courses 12 months and above
PG Degree – 2 months for courses if less than 12 months
Students can take up further education in the same college without another visa. However, if they change the college or apply for another visa tier, they have to apply afresh for another visa.
After completion of study under Tier 4, students can apply for immigration option, under Tier 1 Post study work.
Upon his course completion, he may be eligible for other visa categories (Tier 1 to 3) after satisfying the respective points. Applicants should be advised to apply at least 3 to 4 months in advance before course completion/expiry of their present visa.
- Evaluation and acceptance of academic criteria for any given course by any given university is solely at the discretion of university and UK Border Agency will not BOTHER for the same. For e.g.: a student completed his graduation in 2005 and is idle for 4 years and would like to take up further studies now. Now UK Border Agency will not investigate the reasons for gap etc.,
- Visa Letter from university shall mention the course, tuition fee and payment received towards tuition fee advance and explains the evaluation criteria for accepting the student.
List of documents to be taken (required) for Visa in the same order as given hereunder:
- VAF 9 + Appendix 8 Form (Tier 4 – Student) and Guidance Notes
- One Passport size photo (45 x 35 mm Color, less than 6 months old)
- Biometric Details
- Visa Fees of £289 (equivalent in Rupees, in D.D form)
- CAS letter from University – ORIGINAL & Photocopy (of all docs.)
- Unconditional letter from University
- ATAS Certificate (if necessary)
- Receipt of fee payment towards accommodation & Tuition.
- Bank Statements - ORIGINAL for the last 28 days from all sponsors
- Transcripts (Mark sheets) (from 10th class till the last degree obtained
- Affidavit of Support to be given by the sponsor on Rs.20 stamp paper (non-judicial)
- Work experience certificate
- Fixed Deposit Receipts (if necessary)
- Bank loan sanction letter (if necessary)
Visa application may be submitted personally at the VFS UK local office, after obtaining appointment by Email from them. If the authenticity of documents is confirmed, issue of visa will not take more than 7 days to 15 days. In case the visa officials consider that an interview may be required, there will be a personal visa interview before a visa could be granted or denied.
Presently, the Visa Application Fee is £289 Sterling, which comes to Rs. 24,565 @ Rs. 85. This may be paid in the form of Bankers Cheque only at Standard Chartered Bank branches at no extra fee. (Applicant with original passport has to visit for this purpose) If D.Ds are to be taken, please take (from any bank) in the name of ‘British High Commission, New Delhi’ or ‘British Dy. High Commission, in Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata. To get Bankers Cheque made at VFS, Rs.100 extra is payable.
In case the visa officials consider that an interview may be required, there will be a personal visa interview before a visa could be granted or denied.
The student can request for delivery of passport by courier, with additional payment of Rs.170. He/she can even get him/herself photographed (for visa application purpose) for Rs.100 (4 copies) at the VFS office.
It is best to apply for a visa at least 3 months before the start of semester in UK. Students can reach UK up to one month before start of semester.